Mid - Late 1950s ~ G A R R Y ~
1950s GARRY by Raleigh Made in England 1 speed
This is a real cool 17.5" ladies bike. It's been difficult gathering info on this particular bike. Though by viewing it I can clearly see it is a Raleigh made bicycle, more than likely manufactured in the Phillips plant between the years of 1957 - 63. Also it has some nice lug work, and from my experience I will go as far as saying that this is a Clubman style, with the same geometry. Probably not Reynolds 531 tubing, rather the light weight 20/30 high carbon steel. This is quite a nice little bike.
Look at the graphics they are all there and look great, the way they did these then sure showed the passion. There is still quite a bit of red pin stripping left, you just got look a little hard at er. The head badge is real cool and rare: J. H. Ashdown Hardware Co. This Winnipeg store first began in 1869, and at some point CCM made bikes for them for some time. Though here is this one, a English made Garry, and certainly made by Raleigh.
- 17.5" High Carbon 20/30 Clubman style geometry frame plastic oiler on the right side of b/b.
- All original - whats not is replaced with to era OEM NOS parts (except saddle)
- 26 x 1 3/8 St. coaster/rod brake rims all new parts Rebuilt Coaster
- 26 x 1 3/8 New tires
- Raleigh/Phillips stem
- Raleigh North Road handle bars
- Raleigh/Phillips cranks
- Used Brooks saddle from the 60s
- OEM NOS Fenders - I replaced the fenders with the exact same but NEW.
This bike rides very nice... and looks good too!
All you have to do is ride...
$309.00 Sale $209.00