~ T H E R A L E I G H ~
Sir Walter Raleigh emblem
Placing his cape over a mud puddle for Queen Elizabeth
~ THE ALL STEEL BICYCLE ~
- 1953 lightweight 23" Ladies Raleigh Sports " The Raleigh "
- ~ The All Steel Bicycle ~ I believe it's a cro-mo frame not certain?
- Much of this bike /parts are fairly similar to the same as my 54 Rudge Clubman
- The frame angles are the same
- Like my 54 Rudge this Raleigh has a pressed in brass oiler on the left hand side of the bottom bracket. The 44/45 HUMBER also has the oiler on the left, though this one screws in. After 56/57 the oiler moved to the right and became plastic, like my Phillips.
- The Bars of course are not the same.
- 26 x 1 3/8 wheels classic Roadster wheel set, whereas my Rudge sported the 26 x 1 1/4 racing wheel set. The differnce is the 1 1/4 size is taller. Note: 26 x 1 1/4 frames will take a 700 C
- 3-speed Sturmey Archer
- All original except for saddle and New (same as) NOS fenders
- Like others of era these brakes sport a double ended cable. Here I put a new one on the front and was able to use the original rear. These cables are hard to get.
- The bike is in great condition with all it's patina
- All of the transfers are there and readable